Heart disease is common in animals and can often be successfully managed
in dogs and cats.
Using the most advanced diagnostic tests including:
- Echocardiography (heart ultrasound)
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Digital radiography (x-rays)
- Blood pressure – Doppler and oscillometric.
The Cardiology Service can successfully diagnose and manage heart
disease in a wide variety of animals. Our cardiology specialist will
work closely with you to find the best approach for managing your
pet’s heart with unique needs.
Common reasons for consultation:
- Heart murmur evaluation in symptomatic and asymptomatic animals
- Treatment of congestive heart failure
- Respiratory difficulty
- Exercise intolerance
- Diagnosis and treatment of cardiac arrhythmias (irregular heartbeats)
- Diagnosis and treatment of congenital cardiac conditions (congenital disabilities)
- Evaluation of syncopal episodes (fainting)